On the Most Sought-After Amenities: Tenant Lounges
Tenant expectations are high. They expect top-notch commercial building amenities. What can you offer that your neighboring office parks don’t? What are the amenities that will set your campus apart? As part of our series on the most sought-after amenities, last time we talked about security measures and tenant safety.
According to Fooda (the mega partner for corporate food service at leading companies like Amazon, GM, Wayfair and Hyatt), the most sought-after corporate amenities for tenants are:
- 8. Security measures as a fundamental safety concern.
- 9. Tenant lounges that entertain and build community.
- 10. On-site retail is a crowd pleaser.
There’s more to this list, but you’ll need to come back again next week as we delve deeper into these topics. This week, we’re talking...
After a rough morning or long conference call, imagine if you will that tenants will want to break out of their office space. By providing fun and spacious indoor spaces where a tenant’s employees can go to take a break, relax or socialize with others, you can show that your property isn’t all just about business. If your tenant lounge has cafeteria tables and some sofas, know that there’s so much more you can do.
- Redecorate – Update your furnishings to be comfortable and contemporary. Bring in color, foliage (no artificial plants, please!), texture, and art. Replace impersonal wall hangings with larger-than-life murals that make a statement or art installations from featured local artists.
- Reimagine – How your tenants used lounges in the past is probably very different if you haven’t already reimagined your spaces. Go for comfortable seating with different seating configurations so your tenants can choose what’s most comfortable for them and suits what they’re using your space to do. Include workstations with power and charging stations for those who want to sneak out of the office but still have work to do. Bring activities like ping-pong tables and gaming stations with huge TV screens, and maybe even some exciting gaming or theater chairs. Add a coffee bar and use food trucks to provide midday snacks. Install beer taps and AV equipment for hosting great parties.
- Repurpose – Lounges can be used for more than just a quiet and quick getaway. Host social mixers in the lounge to build a sense of community among your tenants, who otherwise might not interact with each other. Enlist interesting guest speakers to provide ‘lunch and learn’ opportunities or fun activities like ‘Wine and Design’ craft classes. Connect with your local bottle shop to offer after-work wine & beer tastings or invite musicians to provide entertainment.
Looking for ways to build community with your amenities?
MOBLZ may be able to help you create new community-building events on your campus through relationships we’ve cultivated. Being a MOBLZ-enabled property can bring more than just food truck rotations or mini-rodeo events. We’re helping property managers like you do more with less effort in the event planning space.