Hosting a Blood Drive at Your Property
Right now blood donation is more important than ever. We have seen a rise in blood shortages due to blood drive events being canceled because of Covid-19.
Over 2700 have been canceled! Roughly, every 2 seconds someone is in need of a blood donation. That demand is impossible to manage due to the current circumstances.
If you want to host a blood drive at your property, don’t waste any time!
It’s easier than you think, especially with the help of the Red Cross
. Follow these steps to plan the perfect blood drive event for your property and to help those who really need your donation.
- Find a centralized location on your property with ample space for people to comfortably wait and fill out their paperwork. As we’re all still practicing social distancing, keep in mind that there must be 6 feet in between people. Also, make sure the area you plan to use is weatherproof in the event of rain. The last thing you want to do is cancel the drive after you have put in the hard work to plan it.
- Contact your local Red Cross office. Once you contact your local office you will be assigned a representative to help you plan and organize your drive. Your representative will be able to answer any questions you may have in regards to your event. They will also supply you with information on how to find donors and volunteers in your area.
- Market your event. Use newsletters, social media, signage, and word-of-mouth to spread awareness throughout your community and to find donors. In your advertisements, encourage people to donate blood as well as donor gifts. Things like gift baskets, food truck coupons, and other giveaways help to encourage blood donation.
- Encourage blood donors to schedule times online for your event. When you schedule your event, your Red Cross representative will provide you with a link for people to sign up and schedule their donation. This will help the flow and operation of the drive while also improving social distancing.
- Lastly, don’t do this all on your own! Preparing and executing this event will be much easier and less stressful if you have a team working with you before and during the event.
MOBLZ would love to help you out with your Blood Drive!
Having a food truck at your event will make it a lot easier for
you to treat your volunteers after the event!
If you prefer to dive in yourself, you can visit the Red Cross Set Up a Drive Page
! We can help you find some food trucks, donors, and locations! If you need help, please feel free to reach out!