On the Most Sought-After Amenities: Fitness Centers
Putting Fitness to Work for Your Corporate Office Parks
Tenant expectations are high. They expect top-notch commercial building amenities. What can you offer that your neighboring office parks don’t? What are the amenities that will set your campus apart? As part of our new series on the most sought-after amenities, last week we talked about dining options.
According to Fooda (the mega partner for corporate food service at leading companies like Amazon, GM, Wayfair and Hyatt), the most sought-after corporate amenities for tenants are:
- 4. Dining options so employees don’t have to leave campus.
- 5. Fully equipped fitness centers which include staff, classes, locker rooms and showers.
- 6. Outdoor space that allows tenants to get outside and enjoy the outdoors.
There’s more to this list, but you’ll need to come back again next week as we delve deeper into these topics. This week, we’re talking...
Without on-site fitness options, employees are forced to cram workouts in before or after working hours, which infringes on their valuable free time. We know that some office parks don’t have practical options or a large budget for an on-site fitness facility, but you can still allow workers to focus on their healthy lifestyle with a little creative thinking.
While having a fitness center can also be a checkbox in a lengthy list of must-haves for your property, a focus on health can bring real value to your tenants’ employees, making you a hero in their eyes. Corporate campuses like ThExchange in Charlotte, North Carolina and the Alexandria Center for Life Science in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina see the value in providing state-of-the-art fitness centers for their tenants.
- ThExchange, a CBRE - Dilweg campus, is Charlotte’s new way to live, work and gather. With a multimillion-dollar renovation complete, their 30,000 sq ft amenity space includes a 5,000 sq ft fitness facility with indoor running track, yoga/barre studio, and all the fitness equipment tenants have come to expect.
- Alexandria Center for Life Science, an ARE campus, is focused on cultivating life science, agtech, and technology campuses that provides innovative tenants with highly dynamic, collaborative, and intentionally designed environments that enhance their ability to successfully recruit and retain world-class talent and inspire productivity, efficiency, creativity, and success. Their 4.2 million sq ft FTP cluster includes a fully equipped, EXOS-operated fitness center with on-site wellness coaches.
No Fitness Center? No Problem.
With a little creativity and ingenuity, your property can offer fitness amenities even if you don’t have or can’t create an actual fitness facility. In partnership with other providers, consider these outside-the-box ideas:
- Team up with a mobile fitness trainer who can bring everything needed for workouts with them.
- Bring in a local yoga or zumba instructor to offer outdoor classes on campus.
- Offer your campus to outdoor bootcamp workout companies like Camp Gladiator, and they'll lead classes for you without any cost to the property.
- Schedule healthy food truck options for a Keep Fit Friday wellness theme.
- Invite your local juice & smoothie truck to visit campus after fitness classes.
- Install industrial multi-station fitness stations on campus greenspaces from a SuperMAX dealer like TriProperties’ Imperial Center in Durham just added for their tenants.
Need Help with Creative Fitness Options?
If you’re looking for a way to bring fitness to your property for the first time, need help managing tenant communication about fitness classes or activities, or are looking for ways to better communicate with your tenants about all the amenities on your campus, learn more about MOBLZ features or schedule an appointment to talk with Becky, our dedicated MOBLZ solution representative who brings an amazing BOMA background that can understand your property’s needs.